Earlier this month, the team at Good Call Live, hatched a plan to give back and to support the artists, musicians and faces behind the scenes who we work with throughout the year. For AusMusic T-Shirt Day 2019, we wanted to join in and raise some much needed funds for Support Act; an industry based entity that could help provide human and financial services that would positively impact on the health and welfare of people working in the music industry – singers, songwriters, composers, musicians, roadies, techies, managers, staffers and countless others.
But more than this, we wanted to shine a light on the issue of mental illness in the Australian music industry – so we set out to do what we do best – talk and write! Over the past few weeks, we have interviewed some of the biggest names in Australian music, a bunch of industry identities along with some special insights from our talented team of reviews and photographers about the importance of Australian music, their mental health and their favourite T-Shirts.
We have been so humbled by the response we have received and would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank all of the people who have made this project a success for us at Good Call Live.
Musicians / Industry Identities:
- Jen Boyce (Ball Park Music)
- Christian ‘Ronnie’ Condon (Baltimore Gun Club)
- Carolyn Bedford (Dead of Winter Festival)
- Rick Trewavas (Hammers + Fortitude Brand)
- Adam Brill (Faux Bandit)
- Chad Ellis (From Crisis To Collapse + Black Mountain Music)
- Jeremy Neale (Jeremy Neale, Velociraptor, Tiger Beams, Teen Sensations + DJ Bris Springsteen)
- Craig Selak (LOSER)
- Arne Heeres (Magnus)
- Rashid AlKamraikhi (Massic, Dr.Parallax + SCHEMA Collective)
- Damien Brown (RHINO + Woolly Mammoth Mane Stage)
- Sam Wolstenholme (Seraphic)
- Ben David (The Hard Aches)
- Gray Vickers + Elliot Burton (These Four Walls)
- Shane Oliver (The Shane Oliver Experience)
- Luke Henery (Violent Soho)
- Bianca Ott (Party B)
- Grace Drummond (Something Something Explosion)
- Nathan Eggins (Conspiracy Of One)
- Tim Price (Collision Course + The Faction)
- Michelle O’Rance AKA The Metal Maiden (Wild Thing Presents + Hysteria Mag + 4ZZZ)
- Billy Boyle (Ellis Dewald + Mister Sister)
Members of our talented GC Live Team:
- Ash Wallace
- Elizabeth Sharpe (Ummagummamumma – Live Music Photography)
- Emily Hollitt (Malina Claire)
- Natalie Blacklock
- Shannon-Lee Sloane (The Colourful Writer)
- Terresa Allen (Words & Music – Terresa Marie Allen)
- Tracey Moyle (Music Maven Events)
So how are you celebrating AusMusic Month and how did you celebrate AusMusic T-Shirt Day? What’s the story behind your AusMusic T-Shirt of choice? Hit us up on our socials and let us know! Remember to tag us @gc.live and hashtag #ausmusictshirtday
AusMusic T-Shirt Day is brought to you by Support Act, triple j and ARIA.
If you are able to, we would love for you to get behind our fundraising effort and stand with us to support our mates in the music industry. Good Call Live’s Team Fundraising Page:
CHECK OUT MORE OF OUR LATEST NEWS!
- ASHWARYA Reveals New Single ‘To The Night (feat. Vic Mensa)’
- HOLDING ABSENCE Release New Album ‘The Greatest Mistake Of My Life’
- Accompany RUBY GILBERT On Heart-Aching Journey With New Single ‘No Vacancy’
- THE DICTATORS Release New Single + Video ‘Lets Get The Band Back Together’
- LUCA BRASI Get Serious About Mental Health With New Lyric Video + Collaboration With SPEAK UP! STAY CHATTY!